My lovely new bowls have inspired some more Spanish tapas dishes. Tonight, it’s Tangy Mushrooms perfect to accompany a spanish style meze of little tapas dishes. I didn’t have any sherry in the house so improvised with white wine and a good quantity of worcestershire sauce – not at all authentic, but pretty tasty! My girls certainly wouldn’t go near a mushroom, so this was strictly for the adults!
Tangy Mushroom Tapas (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
enough for a shared tapas for two
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 750g brown, organic mushrooms, quartered (I’ve been reliably informed never to buy white, non-organic mushrooms!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsps white wine
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, a small bunch
– Heat the olive oil and saute the garlic briefly.
– Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
– Add the smoked paprika and cook out briefly.
– Add the lemon juice, white wine, worcestershire sauce and stock. Season lightly.
– Cook to reduce the sauce until rich and syrupy. Check seasoning.
– Transfer into a pretty tapas dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.