The sun is shining in the UK – this is incredible news. It’s been cold, wet and grey for so long nobody quite knows what to do now the sun is shining and it’s actually warm – you know, proper warmth where you can be out in a T-shirt and not get cold! So a refreshing summery drink is the order of the day. This is the variation of the homemade zingy lemonade I posted the other day, with the addition of strawberries. I reckon this’ll be the perfect non-alcoholic drink for any summer garden party, picnic, jubilee party or even barbecue. The British strawberry season is just starting – so expect to see a glut of strawberry based recipes in the coming weeks!
Strawberryade (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes one jug full
- 200g strawberries
- 3 lemons
- 1 lime
- 90g sugar
- 800ml just boiled water
– Pour over the just boiled water and stir to dissolve the sugar.
– Blend or mash the strawberries.
– Add to the lemon mix once it has cooled sightly.
– Chill completely before drinking.
– Wait for the sun to come out, pour a glass and enjoy!