Cheesecake is a big favourite in our household – probably the most requested pudding/dessert, even above chocolate brownies! This version is is reminiscent of those chocolate cheesecakes you get in supermarkets and certainly will please anyone who prefers chocolate to fruity flavours. It also has the magic of being able to fool any dairy-eater into enjoying the pudding without realising they’re eating some ‘funny food’ – always a most satisfying result! 😉
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan) N.B. contains soya
This makes 2 small or 1 medium sized cheesecake
- 100g Lotus biscuits, crushed
- 2 tbsp dairy-free spread (I use Pure)
- 1 pack (225g) of dairy-free cream cheese (I prefer Tofutti)
- 3 tbsp dairy-free yogurt
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
– Melt the dairy free spread and mix into the crushed biscuits.
– Tip into a springform or loose bottomed tin and firmly press down
– Place in the fridge to firm up
– In a food processor, or with a hand held whisk, beat together the cream cheese, yogurt, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
– Taste, adding more vanilla or sugar as desired
– Stir in the chocolate chips
– Pour onto the biscuit base, level off the top and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours
– Dust with cocoa powder and remove from the tin.
As always, thus looks delicious – but I think this is extra special because it might sway my father to the “dark” side! Yum!
Anything with chocolate is a good way to try and persuade others to ‘the dark side’! 😉
My favourite too! Look yummy
Cheesecake seems to be a favourite for nearly everyone!
Thank you for the reblog 🙂
This looks gorgeous and absolutely delicious!
It certainly didn’t hang around for long!!
Oh my goodness, this looks so wonderful! Yummm 🙂
Somehow the chocolate chips made it just that little bit more special
I am a sucker for chocolate chips! Yuuum!
Luscious as usual!! 🙂
Thank you so much Celeste x
Hey Lucy! I love your new blog, so cool & pretty too!
I made this glorious dessert recipe & loved it so much! So goooodddd & delicious too! xx Beautifully presented too! xxx
Ahh thanks you Sophie! It took ages to choose the new design, but i do think it’s prettier now! Dairy-free cheesecakes are just the best!
yes, I agree, your blog is way better now! I love the dairy full cheesecakes too but I have been lactose-intolerant for a long time now, & all ofyour dairy-free recipes are way better! xx