These triple chocolate brownies really are incredible. Made with only a little flour so you can eek out your supplies and just a few cupboard essentials, meaning that you should be able to create this chocolatey hug without having to venture to the supermarket . Really the supermarket is a mission that I really wouldn’t recommended right now, not only does it take twice as long due to quests to get in and also pay but why are there so many people who seem to think they’re immune to social distancing. I seriously feel stressed out and a little traumatised by my visit this week!
So my advice is; stay in, stay safe and make these brownies and for a little while everything might feel right with the world 🙂
Incredible Triple Chocolate Brownies
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, can be soya-free, sesame-free, vegan and vegetarian)
makes 9 large brownies
4 tbsp cocoa powder
150g self-raising flour
110g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp flavourless oil, I use sunflower
250ml dairy-free milk
70g dairy-free chocolate, melted
50g dairy-free chocolate chips, or equal amount of chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Line a brownie tin with parchment
- In a bowl, mix together the cocoa, self-raising flour, caster sugar and salt.
- Pour in the oil, milk and vanilla and mix to form a smooth batter
- Stir in the melted chocolate (this will make the batter much stiffer and far richer)
- Stir in 2/3rds of the chocolate chips
- Transfer to the lined brownie tin and level off.
- Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. It should be a bit gooey looking in the middle. Cool fully in the tin before cutting into portions.