I have many flapjack recipes on my site (just put flapjack into the search bar and you’ll find a whole variety of different flavours), but this one evolved from a few slightly sad looking raspberries left in the fridge. The fruit makes a lovely jammy addition to the flapjacks, the tart sweetness contrasting nicely with the syrupy oats, but i do recommend cooking for a few extra minutes to make up for the additional moisture in the mix.
Ravishing Raspberry Flapjacks
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, can be gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
200g dairy free margarine (I use Pure soya or sunflower)
200g demerara sugar
200g golden syrup
400g oats (preferably not giant oats)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp freeze-dried raspberry pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Centigrade. Line a 30×20 cm (approx.) baking tray with foil
- Melt together the dairy free margarine, sugar, syrup, and salt. When the sugar has dissolved mix into the oats, stir in the fresh and freeze-dried raspberry pieces
- Spread into the lined baking tray
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden
- remove from the oven and press down with a spatula for an even finish
- Cool well before cutting into bars/squares. Or freeze whole and cut when defrosted.
- Try not to eat too many!!