What’s better than a crispy savoury snack? Not much if this household is to go by! Well these are an easy and rather moreish addition to your repertoire and the ideal accompaniment to drinks or to nibble on whilst watching a film.
Using up only half a pack of puff pastry and a few store cupboard essentials, they’re basically leftovers!
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
1/2 pack puff pastry
1/2 pack puff pastry (ready rolled is the easiest)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
2tbsp tomato purée (preferably sundried)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade. Line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment
- Sprinkle the pastry with oregano and chilli flakes and roll out the pastry to a neat rectangle (see below for images of the steps)
- Turn the dough over and spread with the tomato puree and sprinkle over the nutritional yeast
- Fold up by bringing the sides to meet in the middle and then repeat. Cut into 1/2 cm slices and place spaced out on a baking sheet. Ideally pull out the ends to make little ears.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy.