Let’s get a little bit seasonal – Autumn seems to have become the pumpkin spice season -it’s absolutely everywhere, from lattes to candles. Since the temperature is dropping and the leaves are starting to turn, pumpkin spice was on my mind.Jump to Recipe
So I had to jump on board with some rather delightful soft and sweetly spiced pumpkin spice sugar cookies. These are like a spicy version of a snickerdoodle, the all American cinnamon favourite. This a slightly soft spiced cookie, rolled in a spiced sugar before baking so it gets a lovely crispy shell. It would work perfectly alongside your PSL!
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies aka Pumpkin Spice snickerdoodles
- 90 g dairy-free margarine
- 75 g caster sugar
- 25 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 150 g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tbsp dairy-free milk
- to roll the cookies in;
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade. Line a cookie sheet with non-stick parchment
- Cream together the margarine, caster and soft brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin spice, flour, cream of tartar, bicarbonate, salt and milk and gently bring together to form a soft dough.
- Roll six golf ball sized balls and roll in the pumpkin spice sugar, place well-spaced on the lined cookie sheets and lightly press down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed up and golden. cool for a couple of minutes on the trays before moving to a wire rack.
- store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.