I think lockdown is a time for looking after yourself and others, for putting well-being and mental and physical health at the top of the agenda. What could be better a promoting a sense of feeling good than a luxury homemade chocolate to raise the spirits and feed the soul.
We decided on these Lindor style chocolate because i’d been given some and both girls were “ooh they look nice, I wish we could eat them’. Well these home-made versions are almost spot on – the filling is maybe a little softer than the originals, and the coating is darker but that’s my preference because then i can get a lovely shiny chocolate!
Enjoy, look after yourself and your tastebuds and stay safe and well x
Homemade Dairy-free Lindor Chocolates
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, can be soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 20
for the shells:
150g dairy-free chocolate
for the truffle centres:
100g dairy-free chocolate, I used a creamy version
2 tbsps dairy-free mik
2 tbsps golden syrup
pinch of salt
- First make the truffles: Melt all the truffle ingredients in a microwave or over a bain-marie. Stir until smooth. Place bowl in the fridge for the ganache to fully set.
- Next start making the shells: first temper the chocolate. In a microwave or over a Bain Marie, only just melt the chocolate, then stir until all the pieces are melted. You need to bring it down to degrees either by stirring in the bowl until the temp had reduced or pouring out onto a cold work top ( I have a marble board which is perfect for the job) and move it around with a palette knife until it has cooled and has turned beautifully shiny.
- Pour a blob of chocolate into each mould and evenly coat all the sides; a small brand new paint brush may help. Leave to set for a few minutes and then paint on another layer if it looks thin or has any gaps. Place in a cool spot to firm up.
- One the truffle mix is firm enough to spoon, fill each mould and then seal with a layer of melted chocolate.
- Leave to set and then unfold. We find it best to keep them in the fridge 🙂