As I mentioned before it’s been a very sick week in this house. In fact the littlest one has been so ill that she hasn’t eaten since Tuesday (it’s Saturday today) – she’s starting to get better but still has very little appetite. I’m hoping the odd spoonful of this soup will give her some much needed nutrients and vitamins, even if she doesn’t feel like eating.
Get well soon soup (dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, vegetarian)
Ok, ok I know it’s only carrot soup and really doesn’t need a recipe, but I’m trying to while away the hours while my littlest one lies on the sofa sleeping or watching TV!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stick of celery, peeled and chopped (always peel celery it makes ALL the difference)
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium to large potato, peeled and chopped
- vegetable stock to cover (Marigold Vegan Bouillon is my choice)
- optional to serve – coriander, fish-free worcestershire sauce, croutons
– Sweat on a low heat the onion and celery in sunflower oil, until translucent
– Add the carrots and potato. Cover with hot stock.
– Simmer for 20 mins. Puree with a hand held blender or in a liquidiser.
– Check and adjust the seasoning.
– Garnish as desired (or not at all if you’re sick with no appetite!)