As I’ve mentioned before, Sainsbury’s is normally a complete nightmare to shop in if you are dairy, egg and nut-free, with a complete lack of (or even non existence of) choice in a lot of areas, notably breads, biscuits, crackers, sweet and savoury snacks.
I have to admit there are a couple of things they do well – most notably the Free From Mint Crisps which are delightful but also incredibly expensive (hence the need for homemade Mint Thins!), but all in all it’s a rather depressing experience to shop there.
However, today to continue my ice lolly research I visited my local large Sainbury’s and I was totally overjoyed about the range of ice lollies available that were dairy and nut free. Sadly out freezer is rather iced up and crammed full so I didn’t buy any, but there was a choice! These were all suitable:
- Sainsbury’s Rocket Lollies
- Sainsbury’s Assorted Lollies (did contain barley gluten but nothing else)
- Sainsbury’s Basics Fruit Flavour (!) Lollies
- Sainsbury’s Rainbow Lollies
- Sainsbury’s Fruit Lollies
- Calypso Jubbly Ice Lollies, all flavours are fine (not in the freezer, you have to find these on the shelves near the ice cream cones and then freeze at home)
- Rowntrees Sour Pastille Lollies – May contain nuts