Big S has been really unwell this weekend, so she gets to eat what she wants when she wants – sometimes any food is good. The only things she seems to have wanted are either sweet or zingy. Crisps are always what I fancy when I’m ill, so I thought I’d recreate her favourite zingy salt and vinegar flavour in a healthier popcorn form. After much recipe browsing on the web I came up with this version – salty with a sweet balsamic twang…
Salt and Vinegar Popcorn (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes one bowlful
- 2 cups freshly popped corn
- 1 tbsp dairy-free spread
- 2-3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
– Pop the corn
– Meanwhile melt the dairy-free spread in a saucepan.
– Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
– Sprinkle the salt over the corn and stir/toss well.
– Pour over the hot spread/balsamic mix.
– Stir well and serve straight away