To end my 4th July special supper (I know it’s taken a while to post!) I eventually decided upon Big S’s favourite, Strawberry Cheesecake. This version contains soya cream cheese rather than tofu, giving it a more authentic cheesy taste. This recipe makes two ramekin sized cheesecakes, just multiply by the number you require.
Strawberry Cheesecake (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1 tbsp dairy-free spread, melted
- 3 digestive biscuits, crushed (Waitrose own brand are dairy-free)
- 100g soya cream cheese, I used Tofutti
- 50g plain soya yogurt
- 1-2 tbsps icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 100g strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
– Melt the diary-free spread and mix into the crushed biscuits. Press into the bottom of the ramekins
– Whisk together the soya yogurt, soya cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.
– Divide evenly over both biscuit based ramekins. Leave to set in the fridge.
– Puree the strawberries.
– In a small saucepan melt together the sugar and lemon juice. Stir in the cornflour, making sure there are no lumps.
– Add the pureed strawberries and stir over a low heat until thickened.
– Pour over the cheesecake bases and keep in the fridge until ready to eat.