Cute Chocolate Mice

on

The home cookery classes continue – this time for an additional 5 year old play-date. The resulting mice are impossibly cute, and since you prepare the mixture and just get them to shape and decorate, this recipe provides a perfect fuss-free cooking activity. (Just try to stop the children eating all the decorations before they need to be used!)

Chocolate Mice (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)

makes 8 mice

• 125g dairy-free digestive (or other plain) biscuits
  • 100g dairy-free chocolate
  • 5 tbsps dairy-free cream, I use 0atly oat cream
  • 16 oval shaped jelly sweets (or use almonds)
  • 16 silver ball decorations
  • 8 vegetarian strawberry laces

– Crush the biscuits until they are fine crumbs

– Melt together the chocolate and cream.

– Stir into the breadcrumbs.

– Chill until firm (at least an hour)

– Mould into 8 oval mice shapes.

– Decorate with eyes, ears and tails.

– Sprinkle with icing sugar for white mice

My daughter is sitting next to me looking at the computer over my shoulder. She said, Aw, cute, are they vegan?

Happily yes!

2. Starr says:

I love them, they’re adorable!

3. How cute! And what a great project with the little ones. 🙂

I have to admit that i took a photo of my demo ones… maybe I should add a photo of one of the more lop-sided versions!

1. They are adorable! The blog was perfect! 🙂

Thank you! 🙂

4. Reblogged this on Rose English UK and commented:
    #WorldChocolateDay and a treat for vegans I could not resist sharing this lovely blog I discovered when searching for Chocolate Mice enjoy
    #dairyfree #eggfree #nutfree #sesamefree #vegetarian and #vegan

5. These mice are really cute.