The home cookery classes continue – this time for an additional 5 year old play-date. The resulting mice are impossibly cute, and since you prepare the mixture and just get them to shape and decorate, this recipe provides a perfect fuss-free cooking activity. (Just try to stop the children eating all the decorations before they need to be used!)
Chocolate Mice (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes 8 mice
- 125g dairy-free digestive (or other plain) biscuits
- 100g dairy-free chocolate
- 5 tbsps dairy-free cream, I use 0atly oat cream
- 16 oval shaped jelly sweets (or use almonds)
- 16 silver ball decorations
- 8 vegetarian strawberry laces
– Crush the biscuits until they are fine crumbs
– Melt together the chocolate and cream.
– Stir into the breadcrumbs.
– Chill until firm (at least an hour)
– Mould into 8 oval mice shapes.
– Decorate with eyes, ears and tails.
– Sprinkle with icing sugar for white mice