This is a fantastic soup: earthy, rooty flavours with the punch of horseradish, and such a vibrant colour – a real autumnal warmer!
Beetroot, Parsnip and Horseradish Soup (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 sticky celery
- 3 parsnips
- 1 small potato
- 4 cooked beetroots
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce, dairy-free
– Sweat together the onion, carrot and celery.
– When nicely softened but not browned, add the parsnips, beetroots and potato.
– Pour over the stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
– blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning.
– Stir in the horseradish. Taste and serve.