All children seem to take cakes into school on their birthday, it adds to the excitement of the day and lets the whole class join in the celebration – my girls (due to a restricted diet) hardly ever get to join in the fun, so we made a real effort to make Little S’s offerings extra appealing looking for 5-6 yr olds – and what better way of making a cake look lovely to a child than adding fairy toppers, decorations and glitter! Apparently, they went down a storm and all her class enjoyed them 🙂
No new recipes here I’m afraid – just fail-safe chocolate cupcakes topped with velvety white buttercream and adornments
Birthday Fairy Cakes (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes 12-14 cupcakes
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dairy-free spread, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup drinking chocolate powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
– Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Centigrade/Gas Mark 5
– Fill a cupcake tray with cupcake cases
– Mix together the oat milk, lemon, melted spread and vanilla.
– Stir in the sugar
– Sift in the flour, drinking chocolate, bicarbonate, baking powder and salt.
– Gently mix to form a smooth, very wet silky mix.
– 2/3rds fill the cupcake cases
– Bake for 18-20 minutes until a knife comes out clean
– Cool on a wire rack
Velvety White Buttercream (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, soya-free, vegetarian and vegan)
enough to pipe onto 12-14 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable fat (such as Trex)
- 3/4 cup dairy-free spread (such as Pure)
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup oat milk
– Whisk together the spread and vegetable fat.
– Add the icing sugar, 1/2 cup at a time with a splash of the oat milk, until fully combined and nice and fluffy.
– Pipe or spread onto the cupcakes.
3 birthday treats. Unreal! So darling!
And i didn’t even post the mini cupcakes, choc krispie cakes and meringues they ate at the party!
Holy crap Lucy! Over achiever 😉 !!!