These tomatoes make a delicious brunch/lunch when served on a piece of toast. The tomatoes are full of sweet, sticky juice that oozes into crisp, crunchy bread. Also, wonderful served with veggie sausages.
Balsamic Tomatoes (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free. sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
serves 1 (multiply as necessary)
- 1 cup/large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- a few basil leaves, torn
– Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the tomatoes.
– Season and saute for 5 minutes, until starting to soften and char.
– Sprinkle on the sugar and stir in the balsamic.
– Continue to cook for 1 minute until the juices are sticky.
– Taste and adjust the seasoning.
– Serve scattered with basil leaves