Christmas Yule Log

Here’s our pudding/dessert for Christmas Day. A Bûche de Noël (to please the French side of the family) that is decidedly friendly – no egg, dairy, nuts or seeds.

Ideally the basis of the log would be a light chocolate roulade, but I have yet to work out how to make a pliable, rollable sponge that is egg-free. This Yule log is formed of a ‘sculpted’ chocolate sponge, filled with homemade chocolate spread and coated in lashings of rich chocolate buttercream, just a bigger version of my mini ones.

Merry Christmas everyone! 🙂

1. moderngirlnutrition says:

That is so impressive! Adorable:)

we added sparklers at the table which looked lovely too!

2. Tahts adorable! I wish I made one, Ive got christmas buns, cookies , christmas pudding and all sorts but sadly only one bar of chocolate for my festive choco cravings, I am officaly well jell of your yule log!

mmm, sounds like a bountiful array of baked goods though! Def make a yule log next year, its a great centre piece for Christmas 🙂

3. Starr says:

Oh, Lucy, your Bûche de Noël is absolutely gorgeous! Every bit as pretty as the one’s I’ve seen in the bakeries here! What were the mushrooms made out of?

Thanks so much! It takes a lot of work, but I love it 😉 the mushrooms should have been made of egg-free meringue but i ran out of time and used roll out icing instead. Needless to say the kids ate them first! Hope you had a lovely Christmas x

You are so amazing! I just love this little Christmas Log!

It’s such fun to make too 🙂

You did an awesomely tasty job! Waw! Lucky family members too!

I feel a bit sad I can’t make another one til next year 😉

6. Sarah says:

Turning to this now-family face of our house….4th year running & even their non-allergic cousins ask if I’m making it each year. Thank you for all your recipes, I’m bad at leaving comments but want you to know there are so many of yours we use regularly throughout the year as family staples eg Boxing day will be your lime & Ginger cheesecake. Big thank you, don’t know what we’d do without our no.1 ‘safe’ visited recipe site. Happy Christmas

That’s so brilliant, thank you so much 😊

We had almost identical Christmas puds! Happy new year x