The Ultimate Mexican Avocado Sandwich

on

This recipe uses my delicious avocado mayonnaise and propels a standard avocado sandwich to the realms of ‘ultimate’. I remember eating the most delicious sandwiches in Mexico, and this combination whisks you straight there with its bundles of fresh flavour. No other sandwich since has lived up to this one!

The Ultimate Mexican Avocado Sandwich (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)

makes 1

• 1 ciabatta roll
  • 1-2 tbsps avocado mayonnaise
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 cherry tomatoes/1 tomato, sliced
  • coriander
  • salad leaves
  • drizzle of fridge salsa, or any other salsa

– Build the sandwich with the ingredients listed above!

– Make sure to season well.

– Enjoy, with plenty of napkins!

1. leroywatson4 says:

This looks gorgeous. I tried many a sandwich like this in Mexico and I love the veggie slant here. Will be making something like this in the summer for lucky friends. Viva Mexico!

Now this is just making me ridiculously hungry….

3. A great way to get avo on your sarnie without it all squishing out. The Husband is a HUGE fan of avos and gets nervous when there’s not any in the house!

I can understand – avos are a kind of wonder food IF they’re ripe!

1. Yeah, that’s the trick, isn’t it? We are BIG fans of Mexican food here in SoCal, so they’re plentiful.

4. Shelly says:

Hi sounds lovely! Where do you buy your bread I struggle to find soy seseme nut and dairy free bread. Also do you know of any cheese that is dairy nut seseme soy free. Thank u

We don’t need to avoid soya so it’s not so hard for us…. I think m and s do a good soya free bread ( but they’re not good for traces of sesame!). On the whole, ciabattas seem a good option for soya free too, otherwise it means home baking… Always lovely but you do need time!

I haven’t found any dairy, soya and nut free cheese. We tend to go for soya versions as the rice version we once found contained lactose!!! There are some good homemade versions going round on the web and I’m hoping to try a sunflower seed based dairy-free cheese when I get round to it! Keep reading and I promise it’ll come soon 🙂