Balsamic Roasted Asparagus

It’s the height of the English asparagus season. Since the quality of English asparagus is so good and the season is so short, we’ve been eating asparagus in a myriad of ways – tarts, pasta, salads, even in sandwiches! This, however, has to be one of my favourite ways of cooking asparagus. By roasting the spears you bring out the sweet nuttiness which is then enhanced by the sweet tang of balsamic – utterly divine!

Balsamic Roasted Asparagus (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)

20130524-072844.jpg

• 1 bunch asparagus
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • Salt and pepper

– Trim the woody ends off the asparagus spears by gently bending and snapping off the tough end
– Place on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil, vinegar and seasoning
– Roast at 220 degrees centigrade/gas mark 7 for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.

MMMMM,..georgous! I just published also a green asparagus recipe!

Ooh, just checked it out – yum πŸ™‚

2. Poppy says:

I’ve never thought of putting balsamic with asparagus, such a good idea! I too am always trying new ways to cook asparagus and make the most of the short season. Poppy

Balsamic and asparagus really works πŸ™‚

3. allergybabe says:

Tried and it tastes divine. Thanks for another great recipe. I love asparagus. Any experience with the white one that is in season right now?

Glad you liked it πŸ™‚ I’m afraid I’ve never used white asparagus – I think it’s similar but just milder?

1. allergybabe says:

Yes The Green One is Def. More flavorsome. The white One (has to be peeled) is usually served with Sauce hollandaise … πŸ˜ƒ

4. Susan H. says:

My husband loves to add balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and grills them on the bbq…divine! πŸ™‚

Mmm, barbecued asparagus πŸ™‚