Sweetcorn Salsa

on

You may have noticed my fondness for Mexican cuisine – there is something so fresh and vibrant about the flavours and that kick of chilli that I find irresistible. A salsa ticks the fresh and colourful boxes and it’s a really healthy dip – no need for calorific creams or mayonnaises when you top your tortilla chips with this.

This sweetcorn salsa makes a bit of a change from a tomato-based one, and gives a great crunch to your dip. Enjoy as a dip, on a tostada, or even just as a side dish.

Sweetcorn Salsa (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)

makes 1 bowlful

• 1/2 red onion, very finely chopped
  • 6 small or 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • 1-2 red chillis, seeded and very finely chopped
  • juice of 1/2 a lime
  • handful of fresh coriander, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup corn kernels (tinned or frozen is just fine)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

– Combine all the ingredients.

– Let sit for half an hour and then taste.

– Adjust the seasoning as necessary.

1. xwaysseries says:

Looks deliscious..now i am hungry..:)

2. Ah, I love corn and tomato season! What a beautiful bowl of seasonal vegetables this is.

Thank you – sweetcorn and tomatoes just feel like the right thing to eat at this time of year 🙂

3. Poppy says:

Ah so pretty and colourful!! 🙂

4. Crista says:

colorful & flavorful! i’m a fan of this dish. 🙂

It’s very tasty and a good alternative to tomato salsa

5. RMB Photography says:

I make this all the time. Put it on lettuce and you don’t even need dressing! Looks delicious!

Mmm, nice idea for a tasty lunch 🙂

6. Looks good! I wonder how it’d work without the tomatoes (sadly, I’m allergic). May I could substitute red pepper?

~Kelsey

I’m sure it would be delicious with pepper, but you may need to up the lime juice to replace the extra juice the tomatoes give..