I think most people love a luxury chocolate some time or another, but with a dairy and nut-free diet they can be hard to come by. A restricted diet shouldn’t mean plain foods and no luxuries. The solution, as usual, is to make your own! And really it only takes minutes to do.
Big S loves berries and floral scents so it was with her in mind that I combined rose water and freeze dried strawberries. This is an elegant, lady-like fine chocolate, just make sure to keep in the fridge.
Rose and Strawberry Chocolate Discs (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1 85g pack dairy-free dark chocolate, I used Kinnerton
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 2-3 tbsps freeze dried strawberries
– Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a Bain Marie
– Line a cookie sheet with baking paper
– Stir the rose water into the melted chocolate
– Place dollops onto the baking paper and spread thin
– Scatter over the dried strawberries
– Place in the fridge to set