I’m in the habit of making cookies or cakes for the girls’ classes on a Friday. I normally make them for little S as another mum has always made them for Big S’s class and I’ve never wanted to step on any toes. Anyway, for this week, little S requested cupcakes rather than the usual cookies. I don’t need much convincing to whip up a batch of cupcakes 😉
I’ve only ever come across the concept of funfetti cupcakes online before – (they’re not something you come across in the UK) but they do sound fun, and a little step outside the ordinary.
So here’s a recipe for funfetti cupcakes which I flavoured with raspberry essence rather than the usual vanilla , topped with a chocolate buttercream and more sprinkles – they were a big hit! What’s not to like?
Funfetti Cupcakes (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 400g self-raising flour
- 209g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 300ml oat milk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp raspberry essence (or whatever flavour you fancy)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles/funfetti
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade/Gas mark 5
– Place liners in a cupcake tray
– Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Stir in the sugar.
– In a separate bowl, mix together the oat milk, bicarb, lemon, vanilla and oil.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix, until well combines.
– Stir in the sprinkles/funfetti
– 2/3rds fill the liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden and a knife comes out clean.
– Cool on a wire rack.
– Ice with chocolate buttercream and decorate with more sprinkles/funfetti
These are so cute! Will have to try… different than any other vegan cupcake recipe I’ve tried. Thanks for sharing 🙂 xx
Looks super fun. very cute decoration with the funfetti.
These look absolutely fantastic!! Wonderful! Beautiful! I love them! 😀
Great information. Lucky me I discovered your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
I have book marked it for later!
I was sold with that seducing second picture, Lucy! Waw!!! It is on my list! x
Fab. Have just made some of these for the pre-school cake sale 🙂
What brand of sprinkles did you use because the ones I used fade or bleed into the batter that I dont get the funfetti look I would like?