I saw a pin of an Oreo cheesecake on Pinterest and felt inspired to make my own version – there was something so appealing about the contrasting creamy white cheesecake mix sandwiched between the almost black crumb layers. Besides my girls love cheesecake over any other pudding so I always relish an opportunity to make a new variety!
Oreo Cheesecake (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 200g Bourbon biscuits (check they’re dairy-free), crushed
- 1 tbsp dairy-free spread, melted
- 1 tub tofutti better than cream cheese
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla or plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– Place 1/3rd of the crushed biscuits in a bowl and set aside
– Add the melted spread to the remaining crushed biscuits
– Press into the bottom of a flan or cake tin
– Thoroughly beat together the cream cheese, yogurt, icing sugar and vanilla
– Spread over the biscuit base, level off neatly and place in the fridge to firm up
– Sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top of the cheesecake and return to the fridge until ready to serve
Oh my that looks amazing!!
I want to eat that with some of those bottled cherries you can get in lidl and aldi – kinda like a blackforest cheesecake.
Now that is a good idea 😀
Is that soft-cheese alternative nice to eat? We have had some that were blurgh ( and that was just opening the container)
It is actually pretty good – slightly sweet but a good alternative – not like some!