Think of a chocolate truffle studded with yummy delicious morsels and then dusted with icing sugar – delicious, right? Well that’s the principle of this chocolate terrine – made in a terrine mould or simply formed into a cylinder; a slice of this chocolate terrine will please anyone.
The chocolate is rich and unctuous and the morsels inside crispy or chewy in alternate mouthfuls. It may just be a little more fancy chocolate refrigerator cake but it looks and tastes elegant enough to elevate it above children’s tea parties! Having said that it went down extremely well with my girls [and everyone else] as a luxury pudding option!
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, can be soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
120g dairyfree margarine
3 tbsps golden or maple syrup
12 biscuits, roughly crushed ( I used Lotus )
20 g Rice Krispies
1/3 cup honeycomb pieces
1 pack ( approx 1 cup) vegetarian marshmallows
- Line a terrine mould or loaf tin with two layers of cling film
- Melt together the chocolate, margarine and syrup. Stir well to form a gorgeous truffle mixture
- Fold in the other ingredients
- Pour into the lined mould and bring over the cling film so it is entirely covered. Press down firmly for a compacted centre and even top
- Place in the fridge for at least a couple of hours to firm up
- Serve dusted with icing sugar and sliced.
Wow! That looks amazing! 😀
Which honeycomb did you use and where did you buy it from ?
I used mini honey comb pieces from either sainsbury’s or waitrose (I can’t quite remember now) – from the baking section x