What’s better than a wonderful Biscoff spiced muffin? Well obviously a Biscoff spiced AND stuffed muffin! 😋
This muffin recipe is a real winner, it lends itself to many flavours and produces the exact authentic muffin texture of bouncy sponge and an exterior that stands up to being packed in a lunch box and lasting til midday. As you might have noticed, I’m still on a packed lunch vibe, and these muffins will definitely feature in Little S’s lunch this week. (That is if they don’t all disappear before!)
Biscoff Spiced and Filled Muffins
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
50g caster sugar
35g soft brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
250g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp speculaas spice (or sub 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
115g dairy-free margarine, melted
150ml dairy-free milk
150ml dairy-free yogurt
75ml golden or maple syrup
6 tsp Lotus spread
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees Centigrade. Fill a muffin tray with liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Pour in the wet ingredients and combine. You want not clumps of raw flour but do not over-mix, lumpy is good.
- 1/4 fill the liners and then dollop 1/2 tsp of Lotus spread on top. Cover with the remaining muffin mix.
- I topped mine with some pearl sugar, but it’s not necessary
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until risen and golden and a knife comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with water icing before serving if you like.
So I just searched to find out what is Lotus spread… never seen it in South Africa so any ideas what I could replace it with? Thanks :).
Hi, Yes i think it’s a European thing. You could replace it with a nut or seed butter if that is safe for you and to your taste, or chocolate spread… 🙂
What is Lotus Spread – in the latest muffin recipe.
it’s a spread made from Lotus speculaas biscuits – you can get smooth or crunchy 🙂
I love Biscoff everything. Seems super tasty! 😊
Me too 🙂