Kids can be fussy – well, mine can! According to one of our allergists, children with allergies can be more fussy than most. Apparently it’s a protection mechanism that is particularly important for young children with allergies so they have some control over what they eat and prevent accidental allergic reactions. Well, that was his opinion, and it makes me feel a little better about having children with limited diets who are also rather fussy. Smooth soups can be an easy way to pack in the ‘scary’ veg without too much trauma. This recipe must be the simplest, easiest and most packed full of pea flavour that you could find. You will almost always have the 4 ingredients to hand to create a nutritious and frankly delicious lunch in about fifteen minutes.
Super Pea Souper (dairy, egg, nut, soy and gluten free)
- 450g frozen peas (defrosted under warm water)
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- splash of olive oil
- 11/4pts veg stock (Marigold Vegan Bouillon is milk free)
- oat cream to serve (optional)
– Saute the peas and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes
– Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes
– Blitz in a blender for a smooth consistency. Check the seasoning.
– Serve topped with a swirl of oat cream, if desired.