I reckon Granola with soya yogurt makes a great dairy-free breakfast, but it’s almost an impossibility to find Granola or museli that is free of nuts or traces of nuts in the UK. So I made my own version. My children like it with dried mango and ‘strawberry pearls’, but you can add whatever dried fruit you like (careful to check the packs for traces of nuts)
Granola (dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, vegan, vegetarian, soya-free)
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- 2 tbsps maple syrup/golden syrup (honey for non-vegan option)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mixed, dried fruit
– Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
– In a bowl mix together all the ingredients, except the dried fruit.
– Spread evenly over a baking tray lined with foil
– Bake for 20-30 minutes (stirring every 10 minutes) until very lightly golden.
– Cool, then stir in the dried fruits.
– Serve for breakfast topped with soya yogurt and maple syrup