These are definitely buns rather than cupcakes. I’m not totally convinced by this experiment, but it did produce a delicate pink berry flavoured sponge, pretty enough for Mother’s Day. By adding cordial to the icing sugar rather than water the flavour of the buns gets an extra oomph!
Pink Berry Buns (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, vegetarian, vegan)
Makes about 10 buns
- 110g plain flour
- 90g strawberries (or raspberries)
- 90ml sunflower oil
- 1/2 pot of strawberry or raspberry soya yogurt (i used Tesco’s Free from)
- 1 rounded tbsp strawberry or raspberry jam
- 50 ml oat milk
- 1 rounded tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste/1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsps icing sugar
- dash of raspberry cordial
– Line a cupcake/muffin tray with liners
– In a blender/liquidizer, combine the yogurt, jam, oat milk, vanilla paste and oil. Whizz til smooth
– Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
– Pour in the yogurt mix and combine well
– 2/3rds fill the cupcake cases
– Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade
– Cool on a wire rack
– Icing : mix the icing sugar with the cordial to a smooth but thick paste. Ice the buns and decorate if desired
Those look super yummy! I must try!
Thank you 🙂