I used to make these a lot with dairy yogurt (an old recipe from Good Food magazine, although not quite the same) and thought that maybe it could persuade Big S that bananas are worth eating. She wasn’t convinced… but these dairy-free pudding pots are super easy to make and provide a scrummy dessert to satisfy a sweet craving or even impress dinner guests. The amounts entirely depend on appetite and size of pretty glass/serving dish.
Banoffee Pudding Pots (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, can be gluten-free vegetarian and vegan)
- crushed digestive biscuits, gluten-free is desired (1 per serving)
- 1 tsp dairy-free spread, melted
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 4-6 tbsps soya yogurt, I used Alpro Plain
- 2 tbsps caramel sauce, see recipe here
- 1 cube chocolate, grated
- 1 slice dried/fresh banana, to decorate
– Mix the crushed biscuit with the melted spread
– Press 1/2 the biscuit mix into the bottom of a glass
– Place 1/2 the banana slices on top
– Pour over 1 tbsp caramel sauce.
– Top with the soya yogurt
– Top with grated chocolate and a slice of banana/dried banana. Chill until required.