I bought the most lovely bunch of radishes the other day
…and as they don’t keep very well I had to think up a way of using them as quickly as possible. I made one potato, radish and tomato salad that I found online, but truth be told it really wasn’t the best recipe, so I will spare you that one.
I also made a radish ‘slaw which worked out very nicely – fresh and interesting. But be warned, since radishes are fairly wet it doesn’t keep well. Far better to eat it straight after preapring for optimum freshness and crunch.
Radish Slaw (dairy-free, can be egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes ‘a bowlful’
All the amounts are fairly approximate.
- 1/2 small white cabbage, finely shredded
- 4-6 radishes, grated
- 1-2 finely sliced spring onions
- a dollop or two of mayonnaise (egg-free or usual depending on whether you eat egg)
- plenty of salt and pepper
- 1 heaped tsp poppy seeds
– Mix together all the ingredients, carefully checking the seasoning.
– Eat as soon as possible