The next few days will be spent recovering from the festival (I know it was only one night but we made the critical mistake of forgetting it gets extremely cold at 3am, and so didn’t really sleep at all while the children slept happily under all the warm layers!) So, plenty of sleep and eating the healthiest food possible. Lots of light salads and vitamin packed veggies should do the trick….
These roasted green beans are a delight – still a bit crunchy with an intensified flavour, and they make a great salad dish. So simple, but so delicious….
This recipe was inspired by one that appears in The Moosewood Cookbook
Roasted Green Bean Salad (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 200g fresh green (French) beans
- a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- handful of pine nuts or sunflower seeds, toasted
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade/Gas Mark 5
– Top and tail the green beans and place in a baking tray.
– Add the sliced onions.
– Drizzle with the olive oil and season. Toss well.
– Roast for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through and looking roasted
– Place in a bowl and toss with the balsamic vinegar. Check seasoning.
– Scatter with toasted sunflower seeds/pine nuts