No surprises really, just a lightly dressed coleslaw garnished with a good handful of toasted sunflower seeds and a sprinkle of poppy seeds. It takes the dish to a whole new level….toasty, crunchy bits and a ‘nutty’ bite – it works perfectly as a side with the best spicy bean burgers and baked paprika fries.
Seedy ‘Slaw (dairy-free, can be egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and can be vegan)
serves 4 as a side
- 1/2 a white cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2-3 tbsps mayonnaise (use egg-free if avoiding eggs)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- handful of sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- seasoning, to taste
– Combine the cabbage, carrot, spring onion, parsley and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Stir well.
– Taste and adjust seasoning to taste (I like lots of black pepper)
– Gently stir in the seeds.
– Eat soon after preparing.
Reblogged this on Andrea Rivera Site.
Thanks for the reblog 🙂