It’s still wet and miserable and feels more like October than July, so soup seemed more appropriate than salads and picnics. My girls love sweetcorn so this chowder recipe ticks a lot of boxes, and requires little preparation and shopping – perfect for busy days. This soup is smooth, silky and comforting with no dairy-produce in sight.
Sweetcorn Chowder (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained
- 500ml vegetable stock, such as Marigold Vegan Swiss Bouillion
– Saute the onion and celery in olive oil until soft.
– Add the potato and garlic and continue to saute for a couple of minutes
– Add the sweetcorn and stock.
– Simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
– Blend until smooth.
– Check and adjust the seasoning.
– Serve with savoury scones, recipe to follow.