I came across this concept in a cookery book I was flicking through in the bookshop – I didn’t note the title but it was one of two books entirely dedicated to popcorn recipes! Here’s my lucysfriendlyfoods version…
This is rather delicious – rich and sweet, whilst still retaining some popcorn lightness.
In fact, I reckon this is so yummy I’ve entered it to a blog ‘no bake’ contest…
Rocky Road Popcorn (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 85g dairy-free chocolate
- 2tbsps dairy-free spread
- 3 cups freshly popped corn
- 2 cups vegetarian marshmallows
- 2 tbsps desiccated coconut, toasted in a dry pan
– Line a square brownie pan with baking parchment or foil
– Melt together the chocolate and dairy-free spread. Stir until smooth and velvety.
– Pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn, scatter on the coconut. Stir well until all the corn is well coated.
– Cut the marshmallows into quarters with scissors and stir into the popcorn mix.
– Pour into the lined pan. Place baking parchment on top and firmly press down.
– Leave to set in the fridge