Rocky Road Popcorn

I came across this concept in a cookery book I was flicking through in the bookshop – I didn’t note the title but it was one of two books entirely dedicated to popcorn recipes! Here’s my lucysfriendlyfoods version…

This is rather delicious – rich and sweet, whilst still retaining some popcorn lightness.

In fact, I reckon this is so yummy I’ve entered it to a blog ‘no bake’ contest…

Zero-Baking-Required

Rocky Road Popcorn (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)

• 85g dairy-free chocolate
  • 2tbsps dairy-free spread
  • 3 cups freshly popped corn
  • 2 cups vegetarian marshmallows
  • 2 tbsps desiccated coconut, toasted in a dry pan

– Line a square brownie pan with baking parchment or foil
– Melt together the chocolate and dairy-free spread. Stir until smooth and velvety.
– Pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn, scatter on the coconut. Stir well until all the corn is well coated.
– Cut the marshmallows into quarters with scissors and stir into the popcorn mix.
– Pour into the lined pan. Place baking parchment on top and firmly press down.
– Leave to set in the fridge

– Cut into bars or crumble into clumps!

1. Starr says:

I love chocolate… and marshmallows… and popcorn… OMG, this could be dangerous! πŸ˜€

SO SO DANGEROUS! Killing me Lucy!

I try to give away as much as possible… otherwise it would be calorie overload!

Good girl! I do the same when I make treats!

very dangerous!

2. Marlise says:

This recipe looks great and I want to make it. I just tried to translate the ingredient list. I think I have that the dairy free spread is a butter substitute, the dairy free chocolate would be around 60% or more cacao (bittersweet), but I have not seen desiccated coconut before. Is it sweet or unsweetened? I hope you don’t mind answering. And good luck with the contest!

Hi! Thanks for the message and sorry for the delay in replying… You’re right that dairy-free spread is a butter substitute… So just use that. The dairy-free choc I use is fairly dark but just use the chocolate you like the best and as for desiccated coconut… It’s dried shredded coconut, I don’t think it’s sweetened but is often used in sweet dishes… I’ve decanted mine into a jar so can’t check the ingredients but I think it’s just coconut.

Hope it turns out well and you like it πŸ™‚

1. Thanks so much! I will let you know how it goes.

I look forward to hearing how it turned out πŸ™‚

3. dawnhutchins says:

This looks great! Is there a brand of dairy free chocolate you like?

Thanks! I’m in the UK and tend to favour Kinnerton as it tastes great and is guaranteed free of milk and nuts (just what we need!)