It’s Sunday which means getting ready for the busy, early part of the week whilst still enjoying what remains of the weekend. This week our Sunday fun involves swimming and ‘play cooking’ (girls mixing up any ingredients they fancy), and the getting ready part will include uniform sorting, homework, hair washing, paying bills and cooking! Hence, there just isn’t much time to bake lots of goodies, so I opted for these fail-safe yummy muffins, easily made in just over half an hour for the girls to have after school.
I like to think of this as my go-to winning muffin recipe… This time flavoured with cocoa and bursting with rich (and if served warm, oozing) chocolate chips. These keep and travel really well, so are perfect to make at the weekend for the children to eat after school or to tuck into their lunch boxes as a fairly healthy snack 🙂
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins (dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2/3rds cup sugar
- 1 dessert sp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted dairy-free spread
- 1/2 cup plus 1tbsp oat milk
- 1 cup soya yogurt (or use 2 small pots of chocolate yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
– preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade/gas mark 4
– line a muffin tin
– mix together the yogurt, oat milk, vanilla and melted spread. Set aside.
– in a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Stir in the sugar.
– add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir gently until fully combined.
– fill the muffin cases 2/3rds full
– bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and I knife comes out clean, bar a bit of oozy chocolate!
– remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack
My mouth is watering 🙂
These look great. You posted this in “breakfast/brunch.” Umm, can I tell you how much I want to eat chocolate-chip muffins for breakfast?
You can add me to that list too!
Chocolate for breakfast = starting the day off right 😀
Shhh…. Guilty secret!