Puddings/desserts can be quite tricky if you avoid dairy and eggs – most puds you come across are intrinsically full of the ingredients you want to avoid, particularly any ‘wow, I really really want to eat that’ kind of pudding. This pudding (in my opinion) gives the wow factor, but with allergy-friendly content and the result tastes amazing!
I’m rather proud of this recipe… So simple but utterly delicious and fools non-vegans every time 😉
Chocolate Mousse Cake (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
Makes one 8 inch cake
- 150g dairy-free digestive biscuits, such as waitrose own brand
- 50g dairy-free spread, melted
- 300ml (one pack) soya whipping cream , I used Soyatoo
- 100g dairy-free chocolate. I used Kinnerton
– Grease and line a springform cake tin
– Crush the biscuits and add the melted spread. Stir until well combined.
– Press into the base of the cake tin and place in the fridge to set
– Whip the soya whipping cream on high speed for at least two minutes, or until light and fluffy.
– In a microwave or a Bain Marie melt the chocolate.
– Gently stir the chocolate into the cream until well combined.
– Pour onto the biscuit base and level off the top.
– Place in the fridge to set.
– Remove from the tin and decorate as desired.