This humble sandwich recipe is so very simple, but the end result is divine. Rich, smooth avocado pepped up with the tang of balsamic, the crunch of shallot, a hint of aromatic basil and sandwiched in crispy toasts. I did say it was simple, but Mmmmm, one of my all time favourite lunches.
The Best Avocado Sandwich (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes 1 sandwich
- 2 slices good quality wholemeal or (better still) sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/2 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsps good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 shallot, finely chopped
- 4-6 basil leaves, roughly torn
- salt and pepper
– Toast the bread
– Mash the 1/2 avocado over both slices
– Mix together the balsamic, oil, shallot and seasoning. Drizzle over the avocado.
– Scatter the torn basil leaves on top. (If you eat dairy add a few slivers of vegetarian parmesan-style cheese)
– Sandwich the 2 slices together.
– Cut in half and devour!
Never tried it before, but now I just might have to :).
oh I hope you do… it’s seriously easy and yummy!±
me too! looks great and the recipe already sounds delicious!
Avocado sandwiches rock! I might have to have another one today!
I love avocado on toast, this takes it to the next level!
You’ve probably started to notice my addiction to balsamic!! Works so well with avocado too 🙂
That’s because balsamic is delicious!
I’m so going to try this one! Looks so delicious!!
I hope you enjoy it 🙂
This is really simple. I am going to try this one. Thanks for sharing.
Let me know if you like it as much as I do…