The preparations for our Christmas food have now begun! These minty chocolate truffles, coated in icing sugar to resemble snowballs would make a fabulous Christmas gift. We’ll be serving them with coffee after Christmas lunch – a little rich, fresh indulgent treat to finish the meal 🙂
Minty Chocolate Snowball Truffles (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes approx. 15 truffles
- 150g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 2 tbsps rice, oat or soya cream
- 1/2 tsp peppermint essence
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
– Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, or in a microwave. Stir until silky and glossy with no lumps.
– Stir in the dairy-free cream and peppermint essence.
– Leave in the fridge for about half an hour to partially set.
– Pour the icing sugar into a shallow bowl.
– Roll into balls and coat in the icing sugar.
– Keep covered at room temperature until ready to eat!