Clementine and Lime Cordial

If, like us, you have piles of clementines hanging around after Christmas and you’re a bit fed up with the whole festive thing, you need to use them up fast! Here is an excellent way of using up the soft squidgy ones, using all their lovely scented sweetness. This would make a fabulous base for any number of refreshing drinks.

Clementine and Lime (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)

makes one bottle

– juice and zest of 6 clementines
– juice and zest of 2 limes
– 300g caster sugar
-300ml water

– place all the ingredients in a pan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes until sticky.
– strain into a sterilised bottle.
– leave to cool, then cover and keep in the fridge.

1. eclecticlamb says:

This looks amazing!

2. mmmarzipan says:

Hi! Just stopping by to say I really enjoyed following you in 2012 and have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. If you’re interested in accepting, pop by http://missmarzipan.com/2012/12/31/100th-post-today-with-belated-yet-grateful-responses-to-18-award-nominations/ for more details. If not, no worries :)- I gave you a nice shout-out in any case… and I wish you a very happy 2013!

Oh what a lovely surprise – thank you so much! x

I can’t imagine how you would have the patience to zest the little clementines 😉 Their skin is so thin and soft! Love this as I love everything you make!

It was quite tricky – but definitely worth it 🙂

4. We are launching a new site dedicated entirely to dairy free cooking and was wondering if you would like to participate. The site will host a collection from food blogs from across the web from folks like you that take pride in making their meals with love and from scratch.
    Best of all, traffic will go directly back to your site; all we do is organize and link back to you.

Check us out at NoDairyKitchen.com
    Cheers and Healthy Eats
    ~Jennifer

Thanks for the message – I’d love to participate. I’ll be checking it out this eve!
      Happy New Year

1. Wonderful! Let me know which you post you would like to link first, and we will go from there. In the future, if there are others you wish to link, just shoot me an email. I look forward to staying in touch.

I’ve sent a couple of links over. I hope you like them 🙂

MMMM! I love it!

6. Juan says:

What do you mean until sticky?
    How would you recommend using this?

Until reduced and syrupy – I use it mixed with water as a refreshing drink 🙂