If, like us, you have piles of clementines hanging around after Christmas and you’re a bit fed up with the whole festive thing, you need to use them up fast! Here is an excellent way of using up the soft squidgy ones, using all their lovely scented sweetness. This would make a fabulous base for any number of refreshing drinks.
Clementine and Lime (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes one bottle
– juice and zest of 6 clementines
– juice and zest of 2 limes
– 300g caster sugar
– place all the ingredients in a pan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes until sticky.
– strain into a sterilised bottle.
– leave to cool, then cover and keep in the fridge.