I adore salads, but my kids don’t seem to share my love. So here’s a tasty rice salad to try and tempt them. Not too complex whilst being packed full of tasty vegetables and flavour. It was quite a success, and would also work perfectly in a buffet, with a BBQ, on a picnic, a simple lunch or side. Fresh, colourful rice salad – what’s not to like?
Confetti Rice Salad (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
serves at least 4
- 200g rice, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup cider/white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
– Stir the vinegar, oil and salt into the rice.
– Mix in all the other ingredients.
– Serve (that was easy!)