These simple crispy onions are the ideal topping for a burger or addition to a salad or sandwich. Is this worthy of posting as a recipe? Yes, because they are crispy, sweet and delicious, and the kind of thing you might overlook. It’s the extras like this that can make a sandwich or burger into something really special.
Frazzled Thyme Onions (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free. gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- onions, very finely sliced
- sunflower oil, to fry
– Heat about 2 cm of oil in a saucepan
– Add the onions and fry until turning golden. Be sure to keep a close eye on them as when they go brown it’s only seconds until they’re burnt!
– Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
– Sprinkle with dried thyme and salt whilst still hot.