I find this way of presenting mushrooms on skewers so cute. They would work beautifully on a barbecue – and we know mushrooms and barbecues are best friends – but they are equally successful when roasted in the oven. The way I’ve done them here is tangy with balsamic vinegar and herby with thyme, but I’m thinking a big hit of spice could work rather well too for another time.
Marinated Mushroom Skewers (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
Makes 6 skewers
- 3 or 4 mushroom halves per skewer
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
– Thread 4 half mushrooms onto each skewer
– Paint with the marinade and leave for up to one hour
– BBQ or roast for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Centigrade/Gas mark 6
I love that presentation! And the recipe sounds delicious, too!
Love the look of these 🙂
I love the simplicity of this and of course, it features one of my favorites…mushrooms!