I found this recipe online a while ago which looks like the ultimate over the top version of a chocolate chip cookie – I’ve had it ‘bookmarked’ in my mind and just had to give a friendly version a try! These chocolate chip cookies are pepped up with crunchy cornflakes and oozy soft marshmallows – a kind of s’more in a choc chip cookie form with the addition of an extra crunch. Certainly not a healthy option, but an ideal treat when one is really needed, and my children certainly aren’t ones to say no to a chocolatey marshmallowy experiment! The verdict was a big thumbs up, but you certainly wouldn’t want more than one in a sitting – these are seriously sweet, filling beasts! It’s best to eat them on the day they are made, but they do keep ok for a couple of days.
Gooey Cornflake, Marshmallow and Chocolate Cookies (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 16
- 1 cup dairy-free spread
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsps oat milk
– Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Centigrade/Gas Mark 5
– Line 2 cookie sheets with baking parchment
– Cream together the spread and sugars.
– Sift in the flour, bicarb, cornflour and salt and bring together to a firm-ish dough, adding the oat milk to add the mixing
– Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and cornflakes. It will be a firm, chunky dough!
– Place tbsp sized balls of the mix on the lined cookie sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, until starting to turn golden.
– Cool on a wire rack