‘It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas’ what with carol services, Christmas concerts, Christmas fairs and the Christmas box emerging from the attic! Expect some really seasonal recipes in the next couple of weeks, but I thought we’d start off with these delightful little cinnamon bun cookies, which give just a slight nod towards the festive season with their delightful cinnamon aroma. Super simple to make, but they have a bit of ‘wow’ about them – Little S’s class certainly enjoyed them last week – and indeed who doesn’t like a spicy cinnamon bun to perk up the day, especially in easy-eating cookie form?
Cinnamon Bun Cookies (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 24
- 2 1/3 cups of plain flour
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable fat (I used Trex)
- 3/4 cup dairy-free spread (Pure)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsps oat milk (Oatly)
- 2 tbsp dairy-free spread, melted
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
- water icing to decorate
– Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
– Sift together the flour, cornflour, salt and baking powder.
– In another bowl whisk together the fat, spread and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and oat milk and whisk again.
– Add the flour mix and carefully combine.
– Roll out one dough to an even sized rectangle. Brush with the melted dairy-free spread and sprinkle over the cinnamon and brown sugar mix. Tightly roll into a sausage shape.
– Wrap in the cling-film and then place in the fridge for at least half an hour.
– Cut 1/4 inch slices with a sharp non-serrated knife.
– Place on a lined baking sheet and bake at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden round the edges
– Cool on the sheet before moving to a wire rack.
– Once cool, drizzle with water icing.
These look incredible! I’m tempted to give them a try with some gluten free flour.
This looks and sounds delicious!
The Rolls look Amazing, tasty & just wonderful, Lucy! yummmm. X 😀
What fun cookies!!! 🙂
What an excelente idea! 🙂
They were really tasty! 🙂