Whenever I buy a beautiful red cabbage I always end up with a good portion hanging around in the fridge looking forlorn and unwanted. And because they last for so long, it sits there and sits there, making me feel a little guilty every time I look in the vegetable rack.
Well this deliciously tangy red cabbage ‘slaw is the ideal way to use it up – sweet from the apple, savoury from the cabbage, creamy from the mayo, spicy from the oodles of black pepper and tangy from the vinegar – all singing together nicely.
Tangy Red Cabbage Slaw (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, vegetarian and vegan) makes 1 bowlful
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 apple
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Handful parsley, finely chopped
for the dressing:
- 2 tbsp egg-free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, a pinch to taste
- Lots of back pepper
– Whisk together the dressing ingredients, taste, adjust to your own preference. – Toss the vegetables in the dressing – Garnish with a little more parsley
Reblogged this on global_food.
Thank you 🙂
I made a similar slaw yesterday – found that cumin seeds work really well with red cabbage too (try throwing a few in).
Nice idea 🙂