Is there anything more delicious that a rich, fudge brownie? Personally, I can’t think of many more pleasing desserts than a warm fudge brownie topped with ice cream and caramel or chocolate sauce; I’m even salivating at the thought of it!
I was having coffee with a friend recently and she had a brownie with her cappuccino. I had a little taste as she was raving about it but I found it bland and stodgy, certainly not the brownie of my dreams. I felt like I had thrown down the gauntlet to myself to make a far superior, friendly brownie. Some brownies are cake, some are dense, and some like these beauties are rich, fudgy and very very full of chocolate. It turns out I like these types the best 🙂
This recipe replies on lots of melted chocolate for richness and soft brown sugar for a fudge flavour. The middle it dense and gooey, the top slightly crispy, surely the profile of a perfect brownie.
I recommend warming these for 10 seconds in a microwave before eating with ice cream and warm sauce for the ultimate indulgence.
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, can be soya-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes 9 good sized brownies
100g dairy-free chocolate
60g dairy-free margarine
110g soft brown sugar
100ml dairy-free milk
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla
100g plain flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Line an 20cm/8inch square baking tin with parchment. preheat the oven to 170 degrees Centigrade
- Melt together the chocolate and margarine either in a microwave or over a Bain-marie. Stir until smooth
- Stir in the sugar.
- Whisk together the cornflour, milk and vanilla and pour into the chocolate. Combine thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into the chocolate mix and gently fold until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into the tin and level off. Bake for 18 minutes or until a knife comes out almost clean, a few moist crumbs are ok.
- Cool in the pan and then cut into 9 squares.
Great post 🙂
Thank you 🙂
Delicious! <3 🙂
Thank you 🙂
I was looking for brownies recipe for the whole family and I stumbled on this article. I read and followed the instructions carefully and I made it deliciously! Every member of my family is so happy! Thanks for this!
Oh that’s great to know! I’m so pleased the whole family enjoyed the Brownies 🙂