Oh my goodness, it’s a proper heatwave! So a refreshing, cooling summery drink is the order of the day. This is a variation of homemade zingy lemonade with the addition of strawberries. I reckon this’ll be the perfect non-alcoholic drink for any summer garden party, picnic, barbecue or just cooling off in this heat.
Strawberryade (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes one jug full
- 200g strawberries
- 3 lemons
- 1 lime
- 90g sugar
- 800ml just boiled water
– Juice the lemons and lime. Pour into a large jug and add the sugar.
– Pour over the just boiled water and stir to dissolve the sugar.
– Blend or mash the strawberries.
– Add to the lemon mix once it has cooled sightly.
– Chill completely before drinking.
– Wait for the sun to come out, pour a glass and enjoy!