How are you getting on in lockdown? Firstly, I hope you are safe and well, your loved ones are well and safe. Are you struggling, feeling anxious and restless with having to stay in? Or are you enjoying the chance to slow down and spend time at home? I have to admit I’m quite liking it – i love spending time tinkering around with recipes in the kitchen, so it’s the perfect excuse to cook more than usual! But I am missing seeing my family and friends in person, and the usual freedoms we enjoy.
I’d really recommend trying these cookies; not only are they a doddle to make but they also give perfect results – crispy edges, chewy centres and bags of chocolate flavour. I’d say they’re a great big bear hug of a biscuit; we all need a big reassuring hug right now but we’ll have to do with a cookie shaped one instead!
If you’d like to cook along or would like further instructions check out the video on my YouTube channel perfect double chocolate cookies
Perfect Double Chocolate Cookies
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, can be soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
30g soft brown sugar (1/4 cup)
150g caster sugar (2/3 cup)
150ml cup sunflower oil, or other flavourless oil (2/3 cup)
60ml dairy-free milk (1/4 cup)
1 tbsp cornflour
190g cups plain flour (1 and 1/2 cups)
25g cup cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
50g cup dairy-free choc chips (1/3 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 160 Degrees Centigrade/Gas mark 3.
- Whisk together the oil, milk, sugars, and cornflour. It will combine to form a smooth caramel.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, bicarb and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll into tbsp sized balls, place slightly apart on the baking sheets and flatten a little.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.