Mmmm, potato dauphinoise is one truly delightful potato dish. While this is by no means as creamy, unctuous and rich as the dairy version (I like Hugh Fearnley Wittingstall’s) it’s a good substitute if you’re dairy-free. The oat milk cream gives a soft, ‘creamy’ richness and it certainly fills the spot of a dinner party-worthy dairy-free potato dish. To make a divine supper serve with ratatouille – yum!
Dairy-free Dauphinoise (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, vegetarian, vegan)
Alter the quantities for however many you are serving, this was for a ramekin sized portion to serve one after-school hungry 8 year old!
- 1 small – medium potato, very finely sliced
- dairy-free spread, to smear over ramekin
- oat cream
- 1 clove of garlic (more if you like!)
– Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade
– Rub the inside of the dish with a cut garlic clove (can also layer some if you like)
– Smear the inside of the dish with dairy-free spread
– In a separate bowl, combine the sliced potatoes with enough oat milk to cover and mix well.
– Layer the sliced in the dish.
– Cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour until golden on top and soft all the way through.